Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Un-boring walls

It's been a while, so I thought I should post something. We're still progressing with the upstairs renovation. The flooring has been taken up and this week we have the Electrician and Plumber coming to fix up the lines so that new flooring can be put down (we're going with carpet upstairs, but the original floorboards will be reused downstairs).
 
I have been looking for interesting stuff for our walls. Nice paintings are a bit outside our budget at the moment, so I've been looking for alternatives. For the bedroom, I’d really like the PrintDolls 'All Stops To... Pyrmont' screen print seen in the mood board of my previous post, but at $880 it’s not likely to happen anytime soon. As a possible alternative, I found this cute poster on etsy (seller theloveshop).
 
 
And this one also on etsy (seller NestaHome).
 
 
For my side of our home office, I'm considering a Bally print from PictureStore...
 
 
This cute poster (also from etsy seller theloveshop)...
 
 
And 'Fashion' wall stickers from Ferm Living.
 
 
I'm also coveting (and have been patiently waiting until I have the space to hang them) StudioOat’s 'Spirited' collection of prints.
 
'Connected'
 
'Finding Our Roots'
 
'Freedom'
 
'Growth'
 
'Nurture'
 
'Peace'
 
Another contender, which we found at the Art Sydney event last week, is Geisha Yume by Nanami Cowdroy. The detail in this limited edition print is amazing.
 
 
P.S. I am aware that un-boring is not a word. I just couldn't think of a real word that worked better (I've been up since 5am this morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment