Monday, December 21, 2009

Spherical pendant lights

We had a new window installed in the upstairs room over the weekend.  We are also having a bench seat built-in underneath it.  We will be painting the room on Boxing Day.  Then all we need is carpet, a balustrade and a wardrobe.  Yay!  I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We also need to pick lights for the upstairs room.  I had decided on Florence Broadhurst ‘Japanese Floral’ drum pendants to hang above the bedside tables, but due to the slanted ceiling there is not enough height on my side of the bed to suspend such a light.  We have instead decided to install one big light above the middle of the bed (and maybe add some bedside lamps or reading lights later).

I am thinking something spherical and quite large might look nice.  The following are my favourite finds so far.  What do you think of them?

Above:  David Trubridge ‘Floral’ light (see www.davidtrubridge.com)

Above:  Moooi ‘Random’ light (see www.moooi.com)

Above:  Studio Italia ‘Genie’ light (see www.studioitalia.com.au)

All of these are a little pricey, so I may have to go searching for something similar instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment