Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Design For Use

I have decided on the Sticky Lamp designed for Droog by Chris Kabel for our bedside lighting.
 

I was searching online today for an Australian stockist and I came across this great website, Design For Use, with a store in Melbourne called Design Dispensary.  They don’t have an online store, but they do take mail orders and even ship internationally.

This discovery has caused my wish list to grow a little...

This silicon lampshade would be very striking against the black damask tiled feature wall in our new bathroom (when it’s eventually done).
 
With its mirrored finish and little shelf, this glamorous lamp could work well in our front entryway.
 
This cardboard stool (which amazingly has a weight bearing capacity of up to 200kg) would be very cute in our informal living room, carrying on the music theme next to my antique pianola, my boyfriend’s guitar and our collection of every SingStar game for PlayStation.
 

I could make use of these handy little ‘tiles’ in many spaces within my home.  There are more designs available than those shown below and they come in lots of great colours.
 

Have you discovered any interesting design shops lately?  I would love to hear all about them... have I mentioned that I’m a little bit of a shopaholic.

1 comment: