Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My dream bedroom

I just received my subscription copy of Real Living’s April 2010 issue and fell in love with the bedroom on the front cover.

It is almost exactly what I have envisioned for my own dream bedroom, complete with the Missoni black and white butterfly bedcover that features in my wishlist, white walls, black feature wall (in my bedroom this will be an entire wall of black high-gloss polyurethane wardrobe doors), large freestanding ornate mirror, white spherical pendant light and Eames fibreglass chair (I would love the rocking version).

I opened up the magazine and discovered that this bedroom belongs to Sydney-based Interior Designer, Jacinta Preston.  I looked up her website and it is clear from her portfolio that she shares my love of black and white and of Florence Broadhurst and Marimekko fabrics.

Here is the same picture inside the magazine.


Below are my favourite rooms from a couple of houses decorated by Jacinta that have featured in House & Garden magazine.  See the complete galleries here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment