Sunday, April 25, 2010

Non-buyer's remorse

Have you ever decided against buying something only to continually regret that decision?

I’m sure I’ve done it plenty of times, but the one that keeps coming back to me is this table from IKEA:
 
Image from BOLIG magazine

When I first saw it in IKEA it was on clearance too, only $199 if I remember correctly.  I had just moved into a house in Balmain that didn’t have enough space for a dining table.  I already had one dining table and six chairs in storage, so it didn’t seem right to add another.

Since then, every time I see a picture of this table I cringe with regret.  It would be so perfect in our dining room here (once the renovation is done of course, we don’t actually have a dining space at the moment), especially surrounded by the clear Kartell Louis Ghost chairs that I would love to buy.

I can only dream that hopefully one day I will come across one that someone no longer wants on eBay or at a market somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment