Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Andy Warhol posters

How was your weekend?  I did a little bit of shopping at Westfield Bondi Junction and Peter’s of Kensington... mostly travel essentials for our upcoming trip to Tokyo.

I also did a little bit of web browsing and came across this image on a Swedish website, Alvhem.
 


I want the Andy Warhol posters on the back wall.  Here’s a close up because you can’t really read them in the picture above.
 


I love the quotes and the simple black on white typography.
 
They appear to be posters advertising a museum exhibition in Stockholm Sweden in 1968, so I haven’t been able to find any copies online.
 

I may have to make some prints of my own prints with Andy’s fabulous quotes.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda, did you ever find these posters as desperately trying to find somewhere that sells them myself??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. No, I googled without success and I've had an alert on eBay for almost 12 months with no hits. I plan to go on a hunt for vintage poster shops when I visit Europe within the next 12 months.

    In the meantime, I made myself a couple of A4 posters with the above two quotes. If you send me an email to makingitmystyle@gmail.com I'll send you a pic of one and if you like it I'll print and post you a copy. I'll also keep your contact details in case I do stumble upon some in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to receive the picture :)

      Delete
  3. i know this is an old post, but... they are only available for purchase (per the warhol estate) at the moderna museet in stockholm - they are reprints from his first retrospective which was held there in the late 60's. i just got one when i was visiting stockholm last month - they were pretty inexpensive, too. his estate has just put major limitations on reproduction and sales so they can't sell online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. I discovered that and was lucky enough to add Stockholm to a Europe trip last year and bought 3 of the 4 designs.

      Delete