Friday, August 13, 2010

Home office inspiration

My home office looks like a disaster zone at the moment.  We have all our bathroom fittings (toilet, sink, cabinet, etc.) stacked up in boxes and my desk is piled so high with books and paper that I am using my laptop table instead.

I have grand plans for this room when we get around to renovating it, but for now I am dreaming of an inspirational and organised home office space.

Above image from LivingEtc

It will have a huge moodboard for me and floor-to-ceiling curtains to cover my shoe cupboard (it is the first room inside the front door, so it will be easier to store my shoes here than in the bedroom upstairs).

Above image from Jacinta Preston

Lots of white with black accents for my side of the room.

Above image from HouseToHome

And a black (or charcoal grey) feature wall for Harry’s side of the room.

Above image from Whole Lotta Lovely

Lots of matching folders for storing all my paperwork and magazine cut-outs.

Above image from HouseToHome

Floor-to-ceiling bookshelves.

Above image from House & Garden

A fabulous statement pendant light.

Above image from LivingEtc

A large mirror above the fireplace.

Above image from Skona Hem

And a cluster of prints and photographs.

Here is the basic floor plan.


I don’t know exactly what I’m going to do with the large empty space in the middle yet.  Maybe a rug and a comfy reading chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment