Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vintage sewing patterns

What did you get up to over the weekend?  I mostly worked from home, but I did take a stroll up to Rozelle markets today to buy okonomiyaki for lunch.  While I was waiting for my okonomiyaki to be cooked I did a lap around the markets and I found these vintage dress patterns.
 
Above patterns from McCalls 1963, McCalls 1963 and McCalls 1962

Above patterns from McCalls 1953, McCalls 1953 and Vogue 1955

My favourites are the jacket with removable scarf (top photo, right) and the collared full-skirted dress (bottom photo, middle).

I can’t sew yet, so I will need to enlist the help of my Mum to make these.  It’s a great excuse for more fabric shopping and the 30% off sale at The Fabric Store is still on for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment