Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Classic French songs

I started Level 2 French at Alliance Française tonight, so I thought I’d share a couple of classic French songs that I’m learning at the moment.
 
For me, formidable by Charles Aznavour
 


I love this song.  We translated it in Level 1 French class last week.  Basically it’s about a French man who is in love with an English woman and he is singing about his frustration at not knowing enough English to truly express how he feels to her.
 
Non, je ne regrette rien by Edith Piaf


 
We watched La Vie en Rose on the weekend.  It is a portrayal of Edith Piaf’s life story and this song is played in the closing scene.
 
I picked youtube clips with lyrics because like I said I’m trying to learn these songs.  Feel free to sing along if you know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment