Thursday, January 27, 2011

Andy Warhol posters

I ordered these four Andy Warhol prints from All Posters a couple of days ago.

Above image: Flowers, circa 1970

Above image: Butterflies, circa 1955

Above image: Shadows I, circa 1979

Above image: Heart, circa 1979

They are all 28cm x 36cm (including white borders) which is the exact same size as the Chanel prints in the book I featured in this post.  I decided to take the book apart (I know that makes me evil) and frame some of the prints.  My plan is to hang four frames, with two Andy Warhol posters and two Chanel prints, in our hallway.  I ordered four posters so that I can play around with combinations, but I’m leaning towards Flowers and Shadows I.

I already framed one Chanel print for my sister – the pink hand bag with a bottle of Chanel No. 5 (the third image down in the aforementioned post) in a large black frame with a black mat and it looks great.  I will try to remember to take a photograph next time I am at her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment