Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bedroom progress... not long now

The balustrade is in and the carpet is being installed on Friday.  We will have a completed bedroom in less a week (although I think the carpet needs to set for a few days before we can actually move in).

Here is a progress shot of the glass balustrade.  I am very happy with it.  It was definitely worth the wait (although it would have been nice to have found our final and very reliable glazier earlier on in the renovation process).


The little blue corner on the glass in the above photo is just to protect it until the carpet has been laid and we have moved our furniture upstairs.

We have also made progress with the stairs, all that scrubbing is starting to pay off... albeit slowly.


See here for a reminder of what the stairs looked like before.

Here’s a photo of our carpet.  It is currently sitting upstairs waiting to be laid.


I might try to get to Cabramatta next weekend to search for a nice grey linen to make the curtains.  Cabramatta is the best place in Sydney for dress fabric shopping (the range is excellent and the prices are cheap), but I’ve never been there for furnishing fabric, so I’ll just have to wait and see.

I also need to go to Clark Rubber to buy cut-to-size foam to sit on top of the storage box that I had made to fit the space under the window.  I think I will cover that in this Florene Broadhurst Japanese Floral fabric which I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment