Sunday, January 23, 2011

Marie Claire Maison - Février/Mars 2011

After finding the preview image I shared in this post I could barely wait to receive my most recent copy of Marie Claire Maison.  This month’s issue is dedicated to great ideas for small spaces (les bons plans des petits espaces).


I love the dining room featured on the front cover - the rug, the chairs and the floor lamp.


This is my favourite double-page spread:


I love the hot pink stairs, especially when contrasted with the black and white wallpaper above and the dark wall below.  This image makes me wish my stairs were in an open space, rather than a hidden narrow stairwell, so that I could paint them in a fabulous colour.


I also love the blackboard wall with hanging rails painted in bright contrasting colours to store kitchen bits and pieces.


This tiny nook turned into a home office is a great use of space.  I love the magazine/brochure stand on the floor.


And here are some of my favourite products featured in the magazine.
 
 The "Sleepy Lamp" from Terre Design

"Beaugars" from Home Autour du Monde

I especially love this rug made up of lots of little felt pieces which looks kind of like a jigsaw puzzle.

"Molécules" from La Corbeille Éditions

2 comments:

  1. I would like to give a high five in support of that pink staircase. Have you seen this one as well? http://pinterest.com/pin/105382/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shilo. Yes, I love that one too. If I ever move into a home with an exposed staircase I am definitely painting it hot pink.

    ReplyDelete