Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pink and grey

I love the pairing of pink and grey in interiors.  I think it’s the perfect colour combination for a space to be shared by me and Harry – plenty of moody masculine grey for him with hints of sweet girly pink for me (and a lot of black and white in between).

The walls and skirtings in our new bedroom are painted vivid white and the carpet is a dark charcoal woollen.  Both of these colours are on the true black/white scale with no warm or cool undertones.  The strong contrast should provide a good neutral base that is just harsh enough to allow me to add pink accents without making the room appear too girly.  The furniture is all black, white and timber and I am thinking of grey linen curtains.  I will probably include small doses of other colours too (maybe in artworks) because I don’t like things to look too matchy matchy.
  
The glass balustrade is in and the carpet should be down within a week.  Apparently the carpet needs to set for a few days before we can move in, but once the bed is up I will post some progress shots.

For now, here are some lovely pink and grey interiors.  I love the first image – mixed with dark greys and black the pink/grey colour scheme is not too girly.

Above image via Inspired Design

Above image via Decorista Daydreams

Above image via Purple Area

Above image via Bodie and Fou

No comments:

Post a Comment