Monday, February 7, 2011

Our new bedroom revealed

It’s finally done.  Last night was our first night in our new bedroom.

Of course there are still a few things to do, like curtains and the wardrobe, but at least we’re in.

The carpet was laid on Friday.


My sister and I assembled the new Mandal bed from IKEA on Saturday.  It was a long process and with the temperature rising above 40 degrees in the city, it was hard work.  Thanks Nicol for your help.


I love the bed.  The drawers are great and they will fit so much stuff.


Afterwards I did a little tinkering with bits and pieces and fabric to try to get the room to start coming together.


I have decided to hang the Eames Hang-It-All next to the HorganS Louis chair at the top of the stairs.


The cushion on the storage box / bench seat under the window will be covered in this Florence Broadhurst Japanese Floral fabric.


Here’s a wider view of the room.  What do you think so far?


Next weekend I will attempt to find curtain fabric and make a decision between black or white Kartell Componibili units for the bedside tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment