Thursday, February 24, 2011

Scandinavian Design Center

A much anticipated package arrived at my office yesterday... my first order from the Scandinavian Design Center.

Before I even got to what was inside, I was captivated by the packaging.  I bought items from three different designers, but the packaging is all based on a similar, simple yet effective, design theme: white boxes with black (and grey) typography.  There are no bright colours shouting “look at me” here.  I love Scandinavian design.


You can see in the image above that I bought a Normann Copenhagen “Norm 06” pendant lamp shade in medium.

The other boxes contain a mix-and-match set of Muuto’s “The Dots” coat hooks.


And “Fashion” wall stickers from Ferm Living.


The total cost was $336, including shipping.  The combined retail price of these three items in Australia is $580, so that’s an overall saving of 42%.

No comments:

Post a Comment