Saturday, April 9, 2011

Getting back on track

I realised earlier this week (thanks to some feedback from Harry) that I don’t write very much on my blog anymore.  I have been so busy with work that I haven’t had the time or energy to write.  I feel guilty when I haven’t posted for a few days, so I have been filling my blog with lovely pictures of homes that inspire me, but it has become rather impersonal.

I am also feeling frustrated about the speed at which our own home renovation is (or isn’t) progressing, so perhaps I haven’t wanted to focus on that and have been seeking a bit of escapism instead.

I am going to try to get back this blog back on track.  I will still share images of amazing homes that inspire me and items on my wish list, but I will try to add a little more substance in between.

I will start by sharing a little more about me and my everyday life.

What do I do?
I work as a Financial Planner.  That means I help people with their big-picture finances; things like planning for retirement, budgeting, investments and insurance.

What would I love to do?
I do enjoy my work, but it takes a lot out of me.  If I didn’t need to worry about getting paid, I would love to have my own shop.  I don’t know exactly what I’d sell, perhaps an eclectic mix of hand-selected fashion, furniture and homewares.  I love so many styles, from antiques to mid-century to modern (particularly Japanese and Scandinavian design).

Things I love...
Harry, my family & my puppies / Florence Broadhurst prints / coffee table books / shopping / Kate Spade / Love Actually (my favourite movie) / black & white stripes / floor-to-ceiling bookshelves / a strong cappuccino / statement rings / Swedish homes / IKEA / Andy Warhol / fashion & home design magazines / vintage mirrors / bentwood chairs / blueberry bagels with cream cheese / Missoni / bus scrolls / Tord Boontje lighting / 1960s fashion / silk scarves / pearls / cook books / typography / Eames chairs / mismatched photo frames / vintage dressmaking mannequins / Louis style furniture / Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream

I think that's enough for now.  Here's a dining room that I discovered today and am very much craving... all those Eames chairs in different colours and the dark grey walls.

Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment