Friday, April 22, 2011

Light and dark in the kitchen

I almost crossed another thing off my to do list today.  I moved all my files from my laptop onto an external HD drive.  I am trialling Harry’s old MacBook Pro to see how I like working with a Mac instead of a PC.  The only problem is that my HD drive isn’t formatted for a Mac, so I can only access my files as “read-only”.  It looks like I’ll have to transfer the files back to my laptop, reformat the HD drive (I mean, ask Harry to reformat the HD drive), then transfer them back again.  At least I got a lot of electronic filing and tidying up done today.

While flicking through my inspiration galleries, I came across these two very different kitchens, both of which I love, from Bolig Magasinet.


In the first kitchen, I love the warm white, the painted exposed brick walls, the breakfast seating by the window and the contrast of the Marimekko tray.  I have tea towels in the same Marimekko design for my kitchen.

In the second kitchen, I love that the floor boards have been painted white to separate the kitchen from the next room, the casual contrast of timber benches, the black door with pot rack and the glossy black SMEG fridge.  I would love to own a SMEG fridge and have it on display as the centrepiece of my kitchen... possibly in pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment