Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A little remodelling

I came across this living room on the website for Danish magazine RUM today. I love everything about it: the aged herringbone floors, the contrasting colours on the walls and the mix of mid century furniture.
 

It struck me that I had seen this living room before. The image below is of the same room featured earlier on Marie Claire Maison.
 

I really like the changes that have been made in the first image. The rearranged furniture interacts better, with the retro sideboard (and the fabulous floor lamps flanking it) now being the focus of the room, rather than off to the side of the seating. Also, an entire wall has been freed up, allowing for the casual display of more propped art.

Artwork propped on furniture or on the floor not only looks great, but it is also a great idea, making it easy to switch things around in the future without worrying about moving hooks or patching walls.

P.S. This is the first post I have put together entirely on the Mac and let me say it was a struggle. There are so many things that need to be done so much differently than when working with a PC. Ah well, I guess I will get used to it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment