Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No more Kate Spade :(

It appears that Kate Spade no longer accepts Australian credit cards (even though the website says they do) and HopShopGo no longer forwards parcels from Kate Spade due to “brand manager’s rights”. That means I now have no way of ordering products from my favourite brand. :(
 
Why would they send me an invite to their current sample sale when they know I live in Australia and they will no longer let me order from their website… that’s just tormenting me!
 
I was hoping to purchase these:
 
 
I think the reason I can no longer order from Kate Spade is because they now have a couple of Australian stockists. I went to David Jones (apparently the largest stockist in Australia) today and every Kate Spade handbag in stock was black (boring) and they don’t stock any of the clothing or accessories range. This Kate Spade fan is not happy at all!

7 comments:

  1. Aww that shucks. That coat / jacket is amazing! I wonder if you can shop via nordstrom or bloomingdales?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion StarletStarlet, but Nordstrom and Bloomingdales have such a limited range and they sell out of small sizes so quickly (trust me, I've tried).

    I managed to place the order through another forwarding service last night and asked them to process it urgently. 2 of the 3 items I wanted are now out of stock, so I guess I'll have to wait and see if an email pops into my inbox today to tell me either that they've ordered them or that they're refunding my money. Let's hope for the first option. I really want that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which freight forwarder did you use? I am having the same trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to place the order through PriceUSA (www.priceusa.com.au), but they were too slow so everything I wanted sold out :( I guess they would be ok to use generally, but not for sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I too am super disappointed with HopShopGo no longer working with Kate Spade - and likewise the Kate Spade site. Really poor form. When I contacted Kate Spade they told me they still accepted Australian cards and that the issue was with my card and my billing address. I explained I had tried different cards (including UK issued ones) and still nothing. It was very much 'my problem' not theirs - what rubbish service!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! They told me they still accept Australian cards and I could place an order over the phone. So I called and spent 30 minutes on the phone (that's how long it took the girl on the other end to enter an order for 3 items) only to be told they received the same error message and they couldn't do anything about it.

    This was their final solution:
    "unfortunately, if the phone agent had the same error message as you did,
    then we are unable to assist you further with this issue as we can not
    place orders via email therefore we can not determine the issue"

    ReplyDelete
  7. i bought this jacket and it's not right on me, so if you're iterested it's unworn and i'm looking to sell it. email me! victoria [at] sfgirlbybay.com

    ReplyDelete