Sunday, June 5, 2011

A corner of my bedroom

This is what you see when you reach the top of the stairs that lead into our bedroom.
 
 
The Louis style chair is from HorganS and the coat rack is an Eames Hang-It-All. It’s a great spot to store our Winter essentials (gloves, scarves and a couple of my most frequently worn necklaces) and I can drop my handbag on the chair.
 
My mum is making me a little cushion from Florence Broadhurst’s Birds of Paradise fabric in black silk for the chair.
 
 
Aside from that, I need to decide on a piece of art to hang on the wall. Then I think this corner will be finished.
 
My current thoughts are that a colourful piece might work well with the Hang-It-All. Maybe this Inner West map from Suburban Type.
 
 
Or a framed page of Andy Warhol Chanel prints from this book.
 
 
Whichever piece I choose, I am thinking of hanging it on the wall opposite the Hang-It-All, so as not to overcrowd the one wall.
 
 
What do you think? Will the combination of one of these colourful prints and the Hang-It-All look to busy? Should I try something simpler instead? Maybe I’ll wait and see how the cushion looks before making up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment