Friday, June 24, 2011

Fabric and wallpaper

It has been 11 days since I last posted on my blog. I had a busy week last week, then a long weekend with Harry and I have been really sick since last Sunday night. I even took an ambulance ride and spent a day in the RPA emergency department on Tuesday.
 
I appear to be on the road to recovery now. I managed to get out of the house for an hour yesterday, but I spent that time walking at a snail’s pace. This morning I drove to Rosebery to visit the Signature Prints warehouse sale before the weekend rush. I felt a little exhausted afterwards, but I figure it’s good for me to make the effort to get out of the house and I picked up a few nice things.
 
The great thing about the Signature Prints warehouse sales is that you can pick up off-cuts of Florence Broadhurst designs in non-standard colourways (perhaps leftovers from special orders or trial-runs). Today I bought an off-cut of Japanese Floral wallpaper in pink on cream…
 
 
…and an off-cut of Japanese Floral fabric in a different shade of pink on cream. Japanese Floral is my favourite of Florence Broadhurst’s currently available designs (in the picture below, you can see my stack of new fabric resting on my bench seat which is covered in the same design in black on natural calico).
 
I also stopped in at The Remnant Warehouse on my way past and picked up 5 pieces of fabric, including metallic linen for cushions, black and white striped jersey and a couple of suiting fabrics to have some trousers made.
 
 
P.S. Thank you to Harry for staying at home with me for the worst 3 days of this week. It was really nice having you around for support when I was feeling so unwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment