Saturday, August 20, 2011

A renovated Harry Seidler apartment

Living in a relatively small space has meant I have had to put a lot of thought into redesigning our home, incorporating lots of storage, built-in furniture and space-saving ideas. I have taken lots of inspiration from architecturally-designed renovations in magazines, books and online and I have developed a real appreciation for a smart use of space, such as in this renovated apartment in Sydney’s Potts Point.

This 38sqm space was converted from a one-bedroom apartment to a practical home for a young family of three. The apartment is in a Harry Seidler building and the original bathroom has apparently been left untouched. I love the work of Harry Seidler and I would really like to see pictures of that bathroom.

 
Above images from Gill Architects and I discovered this amazing apartment via Desire to Inspire

2 comments:

  1. This is incredible use of space. It is refreshing to see a space where a family lives and not one which is staged. I am your newest follower and love your blog. Hope you stop by and visit soon
    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete