Thursday, March 22, 2012

A new chapter

I know I posted only a couple of days ago about updating my blog design, but I have since decided to stop contributing to Making It My Style.

I started this blog to follow the progress of our home renovation, but a lot of the work has been done for now and we're not even living there for the next little while.  My blog has become a lot more about other things that inspire me, so I decided it was time for a change.

Also, we moved to Paris for a reason aside from wanting to see Europe.  I was bogged down with long hours at work, the home renovation and other things going on in my life and I was not looking after myself.  Our year in Paris (or however long it ends up being) is the start of a new chapter, a break from the day-to-day back home, a chance to reboot and restore my health, for Harry and I to spend more time together and to reassess what is important to us.

To embrace this new chapter I have also decided to give my blog a fresh start and I have set up a new blog, mode et maison, which will be my personal journal and inspiration board.  The French title (fashion and home) is a reminder that this is where it all started.  I have also added (probably very bad) French translations to help me improve my French language skills.

While a fresh start is a nice feeling, this old blog has a lot of my history in it and I feel it is also important to hold onto that, so I will retain this blog with a prominent link on my new blog.

To my regular readers, I thank you very much for your support and hope you will join me at mode et maison soon.

Melinda xx

P.S.  I have taken that new design I worked on across to the new blog with a couple of improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment